Wednesday, July 11, 2012

No-Sew Faux Roman Blind

This was on my list to do for a very long time..two years maybe. Our kitchen window has been standing bare ever since we moved in.. Eventually, it stopped bothering me and i forgot that the window needed some attention too. Just yesterday..I was in the mood to play around with some fabric I had. i took a look at all the ideas I had been pinning. I decided i'd try a roman style blind.

I already had tension rods and some fabric.
So first i ironed, measured and cut my fabric.
The best part..it is a no-sew project! I used iron-on strips to 'hem' the 3 sides of my measured piece of fabric. (two sides on the length and one on the bottom)
For the top part i used fabric glue..i left enough space for the rod to pass through while folding this top seam.
The best thing after no-sew is no-drill ! i used adhesive clips to hold the rods.
I passed one tension rod through the top fold and hung it on the window. Several inches below that i hung another rod..On this second rod I drapped the fabric in a fold..like a roman blind would have.Its better to iron these creases for a sharp fold.

Use three or four tension rods to add folds. i only had two but i used a dowel in the middle fold for the time being.
I could not take any better pictures because the weather is all dark and gloomy.

PS. Notice my fairy lights ? I pretend being Nigella in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some Love, Leave a Comment!